Austin Disaster Relief Network and Red Cross Offering Cleanup Supplies and Caseworkers
The Austin Disaster Relief Network will be delivering flood cleanup kits to the Jonestown Emergency Services District Fire Station today. If you would like to pick up a kit, bleach, or bottled water, please visit 18300 Park Drive in Jonestown.
The Red Cross will be at Casa Mexico from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. to meet with anyone impacted by the flood event. Caseworkers will be on hand to identify potential community resources to aid in recovery efforts. Cleaning supplies, water, and snacks will be available.
Please remember the following points of emphasis during this flood event:
If you need emergency services, call 911.
- If you need support services, please call the ESD office at 512.267.3586 or the Lago Vista Police Department at 512.267.7141.
- Please do not cross any barricades. Those barricades are in place for your safety.
- Please do not enter the waterways. There could be potentially hazardous materials in the water that may cause you harm.
- If you are actively cleaning up debris and other items, we encourage you to wear the proper safety attire and to have the proper immunizations. Hazardous chemicals and environments could exist that could be potentially harmful to your body. If you come in contact with any substance that may be harmful or if you begin to feel sick, please call 911.
- The City will continue to utilize press releases, the City website, social media, and personal visits to properties to update you on this flood event.
- Our EOC is currently working on our clean-up plan for the community. This plan will be multi-staged and include several local and state agencies.