Burn Ban Not in Effect at this Time
The City of Lago Vista would like to remind everyone that Travis County does not have a burn ban in effect. Citizens are allowed to have open or outdoor burning, per City Code 307.2. All outdoor burning conducted within the City must be authorized, shall require a permit, and may require an on-site visit prior to initiating any outdoor burning.
The individual responsible for the outdoor burning shall contact the ESD at 512.267.3586.
Please remember the following points of emphasis during this flood event:
- If you need emergency services, call 911.
- If you need support services, please call the ESD office at 512.267.3586 or the Lago Vista Police Department at 512.267.7141.
- Please do not cross any barricades. Those barricades are in place for your safety.
- Please do not enter the waterways. There could be potentially hazardous materials in the water that may cause you harm.
- If you are actively cleaning up debris and other items, we encourage you to wear the proper safety attire and to have the proper immunizations.
- Hazardous chemicals and environments could exist that could be potentially harmful to your body. If you come in contact with any substance that may be harmful or if you begin to feel sick, please call 911.
- The City will continue to utilize press releases, the City website, social media, and personal visits to property to update you on this flood event.
- Our EOC is currently working on our clean-up plan for the community. This plan will be multi-staged and include several local and state agencies.