Re-elected Council Member at the City of Lago Vista TX on 08 November 2016.
Re-elected Council Member at the City of Lago Vista TX on 09 May 2015.
Re-elected Council Member at the City of Lago Vista TX on 06 November 2012.
Elected Council Member at the City of Lago Vista TX on 08 May 2010.
Retired 31 December 2009 as a project manager from Northrop Grumman Corporation.
32 years civilian - Aerospace and Defense Industry. Other skills: Project Mgmt; Inventory Mgmt & Systems Analysis.
06 years military - US Navy veteran, AQ2 (E-5), active duty from 1972-1978 (Vietnam-era)
A fifth-generation Texan, Ron was born, raised and lived in the Dallas-Fort Worth area until 2005. Earned a BS degree in Industrial Engineering and a MBA degree in Technology Management. Married to Jo Anne since January 1976 and have two daughters and six grandchildren. Moved to Lago Vista in 2005. Attends St. Mary Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church.
CURRENT Community Involvement
- Highland Lakes Firm Water Contract Coalition (HLFWCC); member since 2013. Actively participated with the Highland Lakes communities to keep water in Lake Travis by working with Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA); i.e., emergency orders to keep water in Lake Travis; lobbied for an improved water management plan; obtained 17% raw water rate reduction from LCRA in 2016.
- Texas Colorado River Floodplain Coalition (TCRFC): past-Chairman, past-Secretary, member since 2010. This is a 17-county advocacy group from Brady, TX and Brownwood, TX to the Gulf of Mexico.
- North Shore Firewise; charter member 2011. Provide education and mitigation of local fire dangers.
- Lago Vista Lions Club member since June 2010; Chairman for KidSight Vision Screening committee. Selected as the Lion of the Year in 2016. Selected as a Melvin Jones Fellow for humanitarian work in 2016. Selected as a Shephard Fellow for excellence in vision in 2017.
- Knights of Columbus since Aug 2010. Current serving as the Church Director and the Public Relations Director; both since 2014. As a Past Financial Secretary 2011-2014 helped Council earn two international achievement awards, two state achievement awards and four Texas service awards.
PREVIOUS Community Involvement
- Lago Vista Planning and Zoning (P&Z) Commission-- 2006-2010, serving last year as Chairman.
- City of Duncanville Sign Control Board - 1984-1988, member; 1996-1998, Vice-Chair.
- Mountain Creek Homeowners Association, Grand Prairie, TX, Treasurer, 1980-1983.
- American Production and Inventory Control (APICS) - member since 1990. Certified Production Inventory Management August 1991. Lifetime membership awarded August 2014.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) - member since 1999. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) September 2005, re-certified through August 2018.
- Toastmasters International -- member 1987-2013. Achieved Distinguished Toastmaster educational level in 1991. Served as District 25 Governor (North Central Texas) during 1994-95.