Sandra Barton, TRMC
512-267-1155 ext. 115
The City Secretary is an officer of the City appointed by the City Manager and approved by City Council. This is a legal position required by State Law and the City Charter.
The City Secretary's responsibilities include:
- Arranging all City Council meetings by preparing and posting the agendas, and keeping accurate written minutes and audio records of all proceedings.
- Providing public access to municipal records.
- Overseeing the records management of Departments located at City Hall.
- Acting as the City's chief election officer for the administration of all Lago Vista elections in collaboration with Travis County and in compliance with the requirements of state election laws.
- Serving as custodian of the City corporate seal and attesting the Mayor's signature on all official documents.
- Countersigning all agreements, licenses, and contracts issued by the Mayor or City Manager.
- Coordinating the codification of City ordinances into the City's Code of Ordinances.
- Distributing recent annexation information including ordinances, maps, zoning, service plans, and address lists to all entities having associations with the City.
- Posting all legal notices required by state law and publishing all legal ads for adopted ordinances, notices of elections, and various other items as required by law.
- Administering Oaths of Office for all City elected and appointed officials.
- Certifying TABC alcoholic beverage license applications for businesses within the City.
- Supporting the City Council and the City Administration in fulfilling their official duties.