Mission and Vision
Provide and maintain a healthy, safe, vibrant community, ensuring quality of life.
Live Like You’re on Vacation
Core Values for City Council
- Ensure a secure and safe community.
- Have a vibrant community, with value on growth and amenities.
- Promote a healthy community – financially stable.
- Have an attractive community, with a clean appearance.
- Ensure a well-planned community.
- Be energetic.
- Be caring.
- Be proactive rather than reactive.
The Core Values and Guiding Principles of the Lago Vista Council are…
Core Value #1
We believe that to obtain trust and loyalty from our community and fellow employees we must:
- Treat them with respect and behave ethically at all times.
- Conduct City business with transparency, following policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Communicate precisely, listen carefully and provide resolution in a timely manner.
Core Value #2
We believe that we can best serve our community by being prepared for future growth.
- Take advantage of new technology, equipment and all resources available to ensure adequate and quality city services.
- Continuously improve ourselves and others in the organization through education and training.
- Remain open-minded and accepting of the changing needs of the community.
Core Value #3
We believe that we must strive to be fair and effective leaders.
- Be willing to accept feedback and criticism in a positive way.
- Lead with integrity, setting a good example, doing what needs to be done.
- Be consistent with our stated core believes and values.
- Communicate effectively in both listening and speaking.
Core Value #4
We believe we should be fiscally responsible.
- Budget wisely and operate within the budget.
- Remain aware that we are spending taxpayer dollars.
- Save money by using innovative thinking
- Reinforce these financial principles with the employees that we supervise.